My name is Richard Ulstad, M.S., PA-C, CCD and I am the Physician Assistant to Victor Abraham, MD. My experience includes a Master of Science degree as well as a Certified Bone Densitometrist, and of course my nationally certified Physician Assistant honors.
From a personal perspective, my wife Melissa is also a PA and my sons Jack and Alex attend local schools. Additionally, we recently acquired guardianship of my nephew Timothy who attends Lyceum Academy at New Hanover High School.
I look forward meeting and greeting you in person or by phone (English or Spanish) and helping to alleviate any urological concerns that may arise. More importantly, we want to give you the confidence and assurance of knowing that you will be treated by a top rate medical staff, you will receive comprehensive care and appropriate follow-up.
RICHARD D.ULSTAD M.S., PA-C, CCD
1099 MEDICAL CETER DRIVE SUITE 101
- Aug 1999 – Sept 2001: Northeastern University; Boston,MA
- Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
- Sept. 1992- Dec 1996: University of Rochester; Rochester,NY
- Bachelor of Arts Biology/Psychology Business Management Certificate
- Coastal Urology, Wilmington, NC Jul 2009 – Present
- Surgical Physician Assistant/Medical Provider
- Atlantic Orthopedics, Wilmington, NC Jan 2004- Jun 2009
- Surgical Physician Assistant and Clinical Orthopedic Provider
- Sports Medicine/General orthopedics/Trauma; 20-40 Patients per day. Frequent Practice MRI/X-ray interpretations with diagnostic and therapeutic injections. First Assistant in Operating room with emphasis on knees/shoulders and trauma. Rotating clinic and hospital on-call with admissions, consults, op notes, orders, special interest in Osteoporsis/Osteopenia as a certified Clinical Densitometrist.
- Chicora Medical Group, Shallotte, NC Nov. 2001- Dec 2003
- Primary Care/Family Practice/Internal Medicine Physician Assistant
- Family practice and Internal Medicine clinic with comprehensive care including special interest in urgent care treatment, prevention and maintenance therapy. Over 100 patients were routinely seen per week. Frequent daily hospital admissions and discussions with specialty doctors about complex medical procedures and in depth medical conditions. On call duties included frequent rounding, consulting and interpreting laboratory data routinely.
- Department of Ecology/Evolutionary Biology: University of Arizona June 1995- Aug 1996
- Research Associate
- Dr. Elizabeth Sandlin; Southwestern Research station studied hummingbird behavior tactics including netting/tagging/observation in the ChiricahuaMountainsof Arizona/New Mexico.
- Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY Jan 1997- July 1999
- Phlebotomist/EKG Technician/Patient Care Technician/EMT
- Plastic/general surgery and ENT focus with medical inpatient subspecialty.
- Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY 1994
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- NCCPA ID Number 1050650
- Physician Assistant NC License #103434/DAE MU0754552
- Emergency Medial Technician: BLS/ACLS certifiedRochester, NY1993
- Clinical Bone Densitometrist Certified, Atlanta,GA
- AmericanAcademyof Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD)
- National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- National Health Service Core Scholarship Recipient (Graduate school/Primary Care)
- Teaching Assistant Human Anatomy and Physiology (University of Rochester)