Victor E. Abraham, MD
Coastal Urology, PLLC
1099 Medical Center Dr., Suite-101
Wilmington, NC 28401
- 6/94 to 6/98 - Duke University, Durham, NC : Urology Residency
- 6/93 to 6/94 - Duke University, Durham, NC : PGY-2 General Surgery
- 6/88 to 6/89 - Boston University, Boston, MA : PGY-1 General Surgery
- 6/84 to 6/88 - M.D. Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- 6/83 to 6/84 - Post baccalaureate Studies, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA : Cell Biology
- 6/78 to 6/82 - BA in Biology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Relevant Continuing Education
- 10/14/10 to 10/16/10 - 5th Annual Site Solutions Meeting, Clearwater, FL
- 05/14/09 to 05/15/09 - PPD Oncology New Site Training, Wilmington, NC
- Course agenda included: ICH GCP Guidelines, IRB, protocol, informed consent, essential documents, investigational product, vendor services, source documentation & case report form, AEs & SAEs, feasibility, pre-study visit, initial visit, Interim monitoring visit, close-out visits, audits & inspections.
- 11/06 to 12/06 - Certificate of Clinical Research, Cape Fear Community College, Wilmington, NC
- Course agenda consisted of the following: Introduction to a clinical trial, regulations and procedural documents, protocol design, informed consent form, institutional review board and the independent ethics committee, essential documents, the role of the monitor, laboratories and supplies, investigational product, investigator qualifications and site selection, pre-study assessment visit, documenting contact with the site, initiation visit, adverse events and serious adverse events, interim monitoring visits, source document verification and case report form review, identifying and reporting questionable documents and data, handling queries, the close out visit, and the final stages of a clinical trial.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, Some Portuguese
- 2009- Present
- Site Principal Investigator, “A Phase III Hematuria Evaluation performing cystoscopies for the evaluation of subjects diagnosed with gross or microscopic hematuria.” Victor E. Abraham, MD, Principal Investigator
- Site Principal Investigator, “A Phase III clinical study comparing efficacy of Interferon / BCG combination in the treatment of carcinoma in situ of the bladder.” Urology Associates of SE NC. Victor E. Abraham, MD, Principal Investigator
- ACRP (Assoc. of Clinical Research Professionals)
- APPI (Academy of Pharmaceutical Physicians & Investigators)
- AUA, ( American Urological Assoc.), SE section AUA,
- NC Medical Society, New Hanover– Pender County Medical Society
- 6/89 and 6/93
- Medical Officer, United States Navy
- Naval Medical Clinic, New Orleans, LA
- USS Germantown, San Diego,CA- Persian Gulf War
- Destroyer Squadron 33, San Diego, CA
- Henry GD, Byrne R, Hunyh TT, Abraham V, Annex BH, Donatucci CF.
- Intracavernosal injections of VEGF protects endothelial dependent corporal cavernosal smooth muscle relaxation in the hypercholesterolemic rabbit: a preliminary study.
- Int J Impot Res. 2000 Dec;12 (6): 334-9.
- Ferraro RF, Abraham VE, Cohen TD, Preminger GM.
- A new generation of semirigid fiberoptic ureteroscopes.
- J Endourol. 1999 Feb;13 (1): 35-40.
- Carr LK, Walsh PJ, Abraham VE, Webster GD.
- Favorable outcome of pubovaginal slings for geriatric women with stress incontinence.
- J Urol. 1997 Jan;157 (1): 125-8.
- Teichman JM, Abraham VE, Stein PC, Parsons CL.
- Protamine sulfate and vancomycin are synergistic against Staphylococcus epidermidis prosthesis infection in vivo.
- J Urol. 1994 Jul;152 (1):213-6
- Papagikos MA, Maguire PD, Neal CR, Abraham VE, et al. Applying Dosimetric Benchmarks to Low-Dose-Rate Prostate Brachytherapy in the Community Setting: Ready for Prime Time? [Abstract] Brachytherapy 2008; 7(2):176.
- Papagikos MA, Maguire PD, Neal CR, Abraham VE, et al. The Role of Race and Insurance Status on Prostate Cancer Risk-group at the Time of Presentation to a Southeastern North Carolina Private Radiation Oncology Practice. [Abstract] Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 72(1):S317.
- Speaker for the following pharmaceutical products: Cialis, Avodart, Flomax.
- Patient speaker for AMS Inflatable Penile Prosthesis.
- Urologic Trauma: Coastal AHEC Annual Trauma Symposium.
- Radical Perineal Prostatectomy Technique. 1998 Annual Meeting AUA, San Diego, CA.
- Licenses and Certificates
Certified by the American Board of Urology
North Carolina Medical License
Prior state licenses held: MA and CA.
· The only urologist in Wilmington performing the Radical Perineal Prostatectomy and Cryosurgery of the Prostate.
· Performed the first Green Light Laser Vaporization of the Prostate in the office setting in NC.